Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bloggers block

I will attempt to blog on a more regular basis from now on, although I am a little unsure of content at times. I am still waiting for my light bulb moment. I'm not really sure I know where this blog is going. I have been told by more experienced bloggers, that the more I write, the more things will come to me, and the more my content will improve and that I should not think about things too hard.


I find reading other people's blogs very inspiring, but when I sit down and begin a new post, I tend to lose my mojo and wonder why I am doing this! Who could possibly be interested in what I have to say?! How can my blog I make a difference in someone else's life?

I have been thinking about it a bit, and some of the things I would like to achieve are to improve my descriptive writing. I often have all these creative thoughts and have no idea how to put them into words. I would like to showcase our beautiful country and perhaps make a positive difference in someone else's life, some how. These goals may change over time, but this is where I am at this point.

So, please bear with me on this journey. I hope that my content improves over time and that I do not bore you too much.

Dom

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Dom...

    We have all been where you are (and we will be there again!)

    Here are a few tips:

    1. The main thing about blogging is to HAVE FUN!
    2. Write from the heart - like today's post.
    3. Sometimes it's nice to run with a 'theme' for a while - eg 'My new life as a married woman', or 'what's cooking this week', or 'birds' etc,etc.
    4. Some bloggers allocate a day to a theme - eg "Sundays are for family" or "Football friday" or "Wordless wednesday"
    5. What about "10 things you don't know about me"...
    6. Or (like me) take your camera out, take pics and then tell their story.

    There are so many topics...just write...and have fun!

    Sending lotsaluv
    MAXMOM IN SA

    ReplyDelete