Tuesday, June 8, 2010

World Cup Fever!

On our travels around Johannesburg last Saturday, we came across this guy. 



Of all the World Cup madness, I have never seen this. He poses as a statue (we have a number of them in and around the city), but this is the first one I have seen who has taken the World Cup spirit to a new level and added it to his routine. His "traditional dress" is made up of our flag instead of animal skins. I thought this was very cool and took a few pictures as he struck different poses!





We have a few days to go and the excitement is mounting! For six years, it seemed as though the day would never arrive and here we are! I am extremely excited, especially since my bosses have decided to close early so that we can watch the opening ceremony and match! Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. Your culture is so varied and beautiful. I cannot wait until I will be able to see it with my own eyes.

    ReplyDelete